The ultimate Dungeon Master fantasy! This is the most deluxe dungeon, designed to appeal to discrimination and demanding roleplayers. Adventurers beware. This is more than just a dragon hunt. Within he lair of this beast lie cruel and deadly traps, befuddling conundrums and puzzles, and cunning minions that will be the end of overconfident or careless adventurers. Inside this box there are:
- Three 64-page books, comprising two adventures that link into one super-campaign.
- 14 full-color reference cards
- 14 special player handouts
- Eight Monstrous Compendium sheets
- A sheet of cardstock standups (standees) with 24 plastic bases
- Six full-colour poster maps, two of which link together to make a giant tactical playing surface for use with miniatures or the included cardstock figures.
The box includes six poster-sized maps, half of which are tactical displays of village and battlefield settings, while the rest detail the three-levels of the mountain’s interior. Six cardstock mini-maps show self-contained sections of the mountain that can be attached to the poster maps at various locations or simply set aside. The new Monstrous Compendium pages showcase several opponents, such as the gnasher and the brain spider.
Book One outlines the search for a map to Dragon Mountain, a plane-shifting construct that appears in a random location every couple of decades, and a magical item that will improve the party’s chance of survival once they get inside. The hunt takes the player characters to a variety of sites, such as crypt of dancing wights and a snake-infested swamp. Books Two and Three lead the characters through the city-sized labyrinth of Dragon Mountain, a maze of traps, ambushes, and dead ends. The adventure concludes with a journey through foggy ruins that leads to the home of the dragon.
The box is in remarkably good condition given its age with very little warping. the contents are untouched.