The Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 2nd edition is the revised version of the original boxed second edition campaign setting, which was originally released in 1993. This boxed set depicts Elminster Aumar on top of a rock on the cover.
It is a world where the gods have walked and fantastic armies clashed. It is the home of Elminster, Alias, Azoun, Khelben, and Drizzt the dark elf. It is the most popular fantasy campaign in history. Well met, traveler, and welcome to the Forgotten Realms!
Designed for the AD&D game, the new FORGOTTEN REALMS Campaign Setting is a major expansion and complete revision of the original, best-selling boxed set. This set contains everything that a player or Dungeon Master needs to launch into a world of adventure and imagination.
The new campaign setting contains:
- A Grand Tour of the Realms – a 128-page book, concentrating on the Heartlands, the land of the Dales, Cormyr, and Waterdeep, and chock full of useful information about other significant Realms locations on the continent of Faerûn.
- Running the Realms – a 64-page guide to the Forgotten Realms for the Dungeon Master, showing how to create a Realms campaign, and giving details about secrets, NPCs, and deities of the Realms.
- Shadowdale – a 96-page book, presenting the most important town in the Realms as the basis of an ongoing campaign, including a new introductory adventure, “Beneath the Twisted Tower.”
- 8 MONSTROUS COMPENDIUM pages covering the deadliest creatures of the Realms!
- 6 card sheets showing nearly 100 signs, trail glyphs, symbols, magical sigils, and religious symbols of the Realms in full color.
- 4 all-new four-color maps, two of eastern and western Faerûn, and two smaller-scale, detailed maps of the heartlands of the Realms.
The revised FORGOTTEN REALMS Campaign Setting is both a perfect introduction and a concise restructuring of the earlier boxed set, not to be missed by either long-time fans or newcomers to the grandest campaign setting of all!
This is a truly massive body of reference material – for both players and Dungeon Masters alike.
This is just one of a number of different items I am selling on eBay from a huge horde of 2nd Edition Dungeons and Dragons. They include modules, adventures, campaigns, playing aids and game accessories for DMs and players alike. The items were purchased around 25 years ago, stored in the attic and forgotten about – until now. Each item is old but new. The boxes have aged with time but the contents are completely untouched. These items are almost impossible to find in this condition. Most can be easily incorporated in today’s 5th editing D&D and provide an incredible opportunity to relive the glory days of TSR and AD&D!