Boxed in Hobbies is committed to protecting your privacy. We have prepared this Privacy Notice to describe our practices regarding the ‘personal data’ we collect from contractors, members of the public, and visitors to the Boxed in Hobbies web site. Your data will always be treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Your personal data – what is it?Personal data means any data that allows someone to identify you. For example, your name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, and email address – as well as any information about you that is associated with, linked to, or could be linked to, any of the aforementioned data. When identified by such information, you are known as the ‘data subject’.
Who are we?Boxed in Hobbies is the ‘data controller’ (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?Boxed in Hobbies complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer membership records
- To manage our employees and volunteers
- To maintain our own accounts and records
- To inform you of news, events, and activities
- submit an enquiry
- give us feedback
- make a complaint
- apply for a job
- enter into a contract with us
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, and activities
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement
- Processing is carried out ensuring there is no disclosure to a third party without consent
Sharing your personal dataYour personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your explicit consent or when required by law to do so.
How long do we keep your personal data?
- We will keep your personal contact information for only as long as it remains relevant and/or necessary for us to do so.
- We will keep financial records and associated paperwork for as long as the law requires us to, for tax or accounting purposes (which may be up to six years after a particular transaction).
Contact formsIf you contact us through any of the contact and/or feedback forms on this website, we will process your email address and your name. We will retain this data only as long as necessary and relevant to process the your enquiry. We will not use your data for any other purpose than was intended.
CookiesThis website does not use tracking cookies for analytics purposes. If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Your rights and your personal dataUnless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Boxed in Hobbies hold;
- The right to request that Boxed in Hobbies corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Boxed in Hobbies to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means];
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.